- 14 CME Hours (HAAD)
- (HAAD CME Hours are recognized by MOH and DHA)
Founded through the awareness, capability, and expertise of the people behind it, Tathqeef is a training and continuing medical education center for medical and health professionals which are accredited by the Department of Health – Abu Dhabi.
Growth reference charts are among the most sensitive and valuable tools for assessing the health and development of children. The first 5 years of life are crucial for ensuring adequate nutrition, growth and development of the child. Growth monitoring allows health workers, through a cost-effective tool, to assess and monitor the growth and nutritional status of children. This workshop is aiming to build up institutional capacity to support roll out of the WHO Child Growth Standards and to develop a team of trainers for effective application of these standards in the region.
At the end of the workshop the participants will be able to:
1. Train the health professionals on the use of the growth standards for the assessment of the nutritional status of children.
2. Interpret the principle of measuring the child height and weight.
3. Perform body mass index (BMI) calculation.
4. Plot points of the growth indicators and to interpret the plotted point Demonstrate the deeper insights of the skills needed to measure the weight and length/height of children; assess growth in relation to the WHO Child Growth Standards.